Friday, September 25, 2009

Not Bitter

Anybody that knows me may find this statement to be a lie, but here goes anyway. I'm not bitter. I'm not bitter about my living situation. I'm not bitter about my lack of finances. I'm not bitter about not having a job. I'm not bitter about my lack of a love life. I'm not bitter about my lot in life. It is just the cards we are dealt. Some are dealt four of a kind. Others have a full house. Still others have a straight or three of a kind. I have been dealt a pair of deuces. Now, if deuces were wild, I might be able to do something with them, but if we are playing nothing is wild, then my pair may not take the pot. I've seen a pair of deuces win it all, but it is very rare. So, I figure there is an outside chance that I could take the pot, if you believe. I used to be bitter about many things--family, churches, friends, and life in general. I was dwelling on "Why me?" But now, I have released all of that to God, and I know that He will get me through this and will take me to where I need to go. Proverbs 3:5-6. Look it up.

No comments: