Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Feet

My feet hurt. They have hurt for about two days, because I have done so much walking. When I was younger, I could walk five miles and not even think about it. Now that I am older, they hurt all the time. I really need to soak them, but there is nowhere to do that right now. My ankles hurt. My knees hurt. My hips hurt. But, mainly it is my feet. I have blisters on two toes right now, and another burst yesterday causing a lot of pain. I have band aids on my toes, as well as pads and shoe inserts. I would tell you that I am walking like an old man, but a friend of mine would tell me that I am an old man. No consolation there. So, if you see me out and about and want to know why I am walking so slow, it is because my feet hurt. I know most of you don't care, and I don't mean to complain. It is just a fact. My feet hurt. If I had insurance, I would make an appointment with a doctor. But, if I had insurance, then that would mean I would have a job, and I wouldn't have to walk 6 miles a day, and then my feet wouldn't hurt. So there.

No comments: