Monday, September 21, 2009

Aware Care

And then there was one. I have been trying not to get absorbed in self-pity, but I see many things on the street. For one, most folks don't care if you live or if you die. They just want to get where they are going, and if that means they need to shove you out of the way, they will. Also, some people will say that they are praying for you. I know they mean well, but often times their prayers are not backed up by actions. Where in the Bible does it say that we must only pray for others? It doesn't. It says that we must help the helpless. Take care of those unable to take care of themselves. In other words, actions speak louder than words. I know there are those unable to do much, except pray. I appreciate those people praying for me. But, it is those folks who have much, who are not willing to help, and those are the ones I feel are just blowing me off. If I were to die today, how would they feel? Would they wish they could have done more? No, I don't think so. They would say I was alone, or wonder why no one would help me, when they could have themselves. The bottom line is people don't want to be bothered. It is their civic duty to be aware. They just don't have to really care. Aware--Care. That rhymes.

No comments: