Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mary Jennings

I spent about 9 hours yesterday with an old friend of mine from college named Mary. When I knew her, her last name was DuPuy, but she got married to a guy we knew in college named Bill. After a lot of years of marriage, they went their separate ways. Mary was hurt in a lot of ways, but now she seems to be in a better place in her life. It was really good to catch up on old times with Mary. We just talked and talked and talked, and then we talked some more. I must admit that I don't have much voice this morning, but it was well worth it. As I have said many times in this blog that friends mean the world to me. I would have been dead long ago without them. It does my sould good to know that there are people out there who care about me. No strings attached. With some folks in my life who don't speak to me anymore, it means way more to me that others care enough about me to keep me going. I don't know what the future holds. It bothers me that psychics are out there who claim they can tell the future. If they can, why aren't they playing the lottery and getting wealthy? But, I digress. All I know is that there is still a reason to stick around, and there are people out there to help me continue my journey. Have a good day everyone, and don't get your hand too close to the snake's mouth.

No comments: