Friday, September 26, 2008

Dallas Cowboys

As I have stated before, I love football. Mainly college football. But, there is one pro team that is on my radar, and that is (drum roll) The Dallas Cowboys!!! When I lived out there in the mid to late 1970's, the Cowboys ruled. We had a baseball team, but football was king. It was an obsession. Everything in the stores concerned the Cowboys. They were a class act. Tom Landry was the coach. The players included Roger Staubach, Danny White, Tony Dorsett, Too Tall Jones, Hollywood Henderson, and so many more. When they went to the Super Bowl, churches would bring in TV's, and the members could watch the game rather than having a service. My Mother also loved the Cowboys. I wrote to Tom Landry, after she had her stroke, and he sent her an autographed picture, and he sent me some Cowboys memorabilia. The team went through some changes. America's team had a series of coaches. Some of the players got into trouble, but they were still my team. Now, they are flying high once again. One of the serious rivalries is the Cowboys versus the Washington Redskins which comes up this weekend. I know there is a lot of history there. But, the Skins better get ready for the Boys. It won't be pretty. Maybe those fans should think about where they are going to go to drown their sorrows after the game. The Cowboys fans will be gloating once again. Let the game begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COWGALS are GOING DOWN SUNDAY!!
GO REDSKINS!!!!!