Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Target Audience

A writer usually writes for a target audience. Advertisers usually advertise to a target audience. If someone out of the target group benefits, then that's even better. But, the target audience is chosen to appeal to a segment of the population that may want the product more than others. So, what is my target audience for this blog? It actually changes from day to day. I know, for example, that some people read my blog every day. I truly appreciate those folks keeping up with me. There are some blogs that I write directly to them. Other times, I write to people who probably don't read my blog, but maybe they will one day, or they might hear about it. I find it highly amusing that I will write something, and then I'll see it on the news. For example, I wrote about oil speculators inflating the price of oil, and they need to be prosecuted. Then, a week or two later, there were news people talking about the same thing. I don't know if someone read my blog and gave them an idea, but I like to think so. Since I am a rather private person and keep my emotions inside, most of my friends don't know about some things I have written about, as I find it very easy to write about emotions, just not voice them. So, getting back to my target audience. My target audience is you the reader. I thank you for reading my blog. I hope that it is thought-provoking and entertaining. And if you think I am being a little cryptic sometimes, you are right. Some people think I am very hard to figure out, but I am quite transparent. Don't read too much into me. Once you figure me out.

No comments: