Friday, August 29, 2008

My Car

My car is sick. It is idling roughly when stopped. It doesn't have any pep, when I press the gas. I am hoping it needs a tune-up. I cannot remember when it last had a tune-up, specifically spark plugs. So, I think that is the case. My car turned over 161,000 recently. The body is rusting. I have had it for almost 20 years. I wish I could get a newer car, but can't afford it. Oh, I got the bill from my trip to the ER a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea how expensive that would be. It was over $2000. Somebody is getting rich here. They did cut the bill in half, as I didn't have any insurance. I have applied for financial assistance from the hospital, since I don't have a job. I am hoping they will be a little more understanding, and I won't have to pay $1000. But, I am in collections from other credit card companies, or their proxies, so one more debt won't be too unusual. I hate being poor. I am in a situation now, where I just pray somehow someone will help me. As the old Beatles song says: "It's getting better all the time, Can't get much worse."

No comments: