Saturday, August 2, 2008

Magnificent Seven

There was a movie several years ago called "The Magnificent Seven". It was a western about a group of desperadoes who save a Mexican town from a bad man. It is one of my favorite movies. I also have a penchant for eye candy. So, what do those two things have in common? Something that I have never shared before. Before you call me a pig or some sexist person, let me say that the "magnificent seven" were women who I cared for or were in awe of. It started at Belk and went on through Rich's/Macy's. Since people came and went, the list was constantly changing. As a game of sorts, I would count each day who I saw that was on the list. It was very rare to have a complete 7. Most days, it was just good to have a majority of 4. There wasn't a real criteria for the list, but most were attractive, smart, funny, a real personality, and nice. They also were generally good people. Without offending anyone pro or con, I am not going to say who I had on the list, but anyone who knows me, and who I worked with, could make some good guesses. I have a character flaw of putting women that I like on pedestals. I can't really relate to people one to one very well. So, this was something of a fantasy. Nothing truly sexual. Just a wish. So, to all of those who were on my list, thank you for being nice. Most of them went on to a much better life and successes, so I would like to think I may have been a help in that by making them feel special. Who knows?

No comments: