Sunday, August 31, 2008

College Football

I love college football. After all, it means something. The players aren't paid millions of dollars to play. At least, they aren't supposed to be. When I was a kid, Mother and I would watch college football on TV. She was a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys too, but she loved to watch college football, especially Alabama. That's where she was from. She instilled in me the love for football. Who are my favorite teams? South Carolina, Clemson, Alabama, PC, and lots more. I have a problem when two favorites play each other like last night. Clemson played Alabama. Clemson was supposed to win, but Alabama did. That's another great thing about college football. Any team can win. Look at Appalachian State who beat Michigan last year. When I was at PC, I got in trouble with the football team about some stuff I wrote for the school newspaper. I insulted their intelligence. I stand behind what I wrote, but I am sorry that I wrote it, since it caused so much trouble against me. But putting politics aside, college football is fun. I love college football. Have I said that already? Well, I do. The season has begun. The sportswriters have already picked Oklahoma and Southern California to meet for the title of the best team in America. I think there are 11 games to go, so some team may surprise them. Let's go East Carolina.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mom was a smart lady!!! Go Dallas!!!! Go Gamecocks!!!!