Thursday, July 3, 2008

35 Years

We are about to start a retrospective adventure in a couple of days. It is the 35th anniversary of my trip to Europe. I will do a day by day remembrance of what happened each day on my trip. It will not be a travelogue, but rather a collection of stories about a group of people on a journey. It is a journey to find oneself, as well as a lot of experiences. If you find some of these stories as being hard to believe, then okay, but it will all be true. 35 years has been a long time. A lot has changed, but there are some themes that are still relevant. So, I hope you will read them and be entertained, as well as being thought provoking. As for today, 35 years ago on July 3rd, my mother and I went to see the James Bond film "Live and Let Die". We usually went to the James Bond movies. She introduced me to the series, and I fell in love with them. We both liked this one. After all, it was filmed in New Orleans. It was the first one with Roger Moore. We were both partial to Sean Connery but thought Roger did well. Two days later, I was to fly to London where James Bond lived. Also The Beatles. My mother introduced me to their music in 1964. She was a very hip person. We went to see "Live and Let Die" at the Dutch Square Theatre which stood in the parking lot at the back of the mall. Not where it is now. Anticipation was building with my trip looming. Daddy had been to Europe and had told me some things to expect. The group had met to be told what to expect and what not to do. We listened. Little did we know how important that meeting was, and how much we probably had needed to listen more closely. So, in the coming days, just know that I am not making this stuff up. Enjoy.

No comments: