Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Day

I had a fun day yesterday. Any birthday should be a fun day. So, I went to the zoo. I hadn't been in a while, and I really like the zoo. I had put in for a membership, but I hadn't gotten the card in the mail. I told the woman that fact and asked her if she could look up my name, and she said no, but she would take my word for it. I guess I sounded sincere. I got to see new animals. I guess that is the natural progression. Adults give way to babies. As I was walking around, I looked down and saw a snake on the sidewalk. It was a little scary. I don't know if it was poisonous, but I didn't stick around to find out. I stayed at the zoo for a couple of hours until it got hot. Despite the fact that this was my day, I discovered something about life. I used to think that life revolved around me. I was the center of the world. I used people for my own pleasure. I discovered yesterday that there are people close to me that are going through very tough times. I am not going to name names, but they know who they are. If you are a somewhat religious person, please pray to God that my friends will find strength. God knows their names. So, that brings up a point. All of us have our own individual lives. We have different loves. We like different foods. We listen to different music. We watch different TV and movies. We have different friends. We travel to different places. But, when we come together, we realize that we have common bonds. So, I guess that's what friends are for. Thanks to my friends for making my birthday a memorable one. And, think good thoughts for my friends as they have to make some important decisions over the next few days.

No comments: