Monday, June 30, 2008

Missing Loves

It's Monday, and that means it is self-pity day. It actually doesn't mean that. I just made that up. If I ever become President, and that's not going to happen unless everybody else dies, I will make Monday--Self-Pity Day. It will be a day when everyone will be self-centered, retrospective, and just plain whiney. So, allow me to express my observation. Just about everyone that I have loved, or have been interested in, have either been married or attached to someone else. There have been a couple who weren't, but most were. Of course, I cannot express my feelings one on one. It is a character flaw. I have no problem putting it in writing. If I do say it to the person, they just laugh. I can never be serious, even if I want to. Usually, women think of me as their good friend or the brother they never had. I can not be their lover. Why? I have never understood that. I would not want to be the one who broke up a marriage. And, I don't want to be beaten to a pulp by the other guy. So, I spend a lot of time wishing about what could have been or might be. I am not going to name names of the ones who fit into this category. It would be a bit of embarrassment for them. However, let's just say I am still single. There are a lot of lucky guys out there, who hooked up with the girls I loved. If the guys had known, I would have probably been everyone's Best Man at their weddings. And if any lady ever actually believed me that I loved them, without thinking I was kidding, I would just be rejected. "I love you as a friend". How many times have I heard that? Am I happy with my personal life? No. I am happy that others are.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Monday isn't self pity day?! I thought for sure with where I work that it was! :)