Saturday, June 28, 2008

Migraines

Another issue with me is that I suffer from migraines. Some of them knock me on my butt, while others are mild enough to just make me feel bad. I have had them since I was a kid, and my parents told me that it was because I am so creative. It seems that the more creative you are, the more attacks on your brain come. I am not saying that those of you that don't have migraines are not creative. It just seems that being creative and having migraines have something in common. Sometimes I can go for months without having one, while other times I can have some frequently. It is sort of like playing Russian Rhoulette as to what will trigger a migraine. Some triggers work all the time, while others work only some of the time. So, what are my triggers? Stress, getting too hot, bright light, little sleep, stagnant air, sleeping wrong, eye strain, or a combination of some things. So, why can't I just avoid these things? As I said, some things can occur, but I do not get the headaches. You just never know. I have found that, after I have left Macy's, the headaches have not been as frequent. Figure that one out. I don't want to advertise anything specifically, but Advil Migraine pills seem to work, although they tend to knock me out. Headon for Migraines do okay too, especially if I catch it early. I used to take prescription drugs, but I don't anymore. I remember my mother telling me not to eat ice cream during a migraine. I am not sure why. She used to give me a cool towel to put on my head. It was soothing. Hot baths also work, or at least they make feel better. I love hot baths. So, this situation is just something I have to live with. If you are lucky enough not to have this problem, I envy you. I think a loving hug helps too, but unfortunately I don't have anyone to do that to me, at least not yet.

No comments: