Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sandra

There was a girl named Sandra, who I met in college. She lived off campus and was involved in the drama program. She also worked for Mr. Vivian in his office. I fell in love with Sandra, and she knew it. We were together a lot. When I went home for Christmas, I called her home, and her mother said she had gone out. It turned out that was the night she met another guy. When I got back to school, she told me about Jim. I still was in Sandra's life, but it was now a triangle. Sandra and I played husband and wife in a play, that I will talk about later, but there was obvious chemistry on stage. She was in the Miss Anderson beauty pageant. I had helped her pick out a song and worked with her stage presence. It was also just after my debate partner and I defeated the team from Harvard. We had gotten an offer to debate at UCLA in California. The trip was all-expenses paid. But, it was the same weekend as the pageant, so I told them I couldn't go. Love was more important than fame. So, Sandra came in fourth in the contest, and my debate partner stopped speaking to me. He did about 20 years later, just before he died of brain cancer. More about Sandra later.

No comments: