Monday, March 17, 2008

Lucerne

Sandra and I were getting closer on our trip. We had been to England, Italy, Israel, Germany, and now Switzerland. We were both getting tired of having to be around the others and wanted some time for ourselves. There was a movie theatre next to our hotel, and we decided to go to the movies. Nevermind that the film was in French. I could speak French, but she couldn't. It didn't matter. After supper, the other girls wanted to walk around the city of Lucerne. We didn't, but we had to, because the others wanted to go out. Majority ruled, and Mr. Vivian insisted. While we were walking, we came upon 5 drunk Swiss soldiers. They grabbed Sandra and started passing her around to each of the soldiers, as they formed a circle around her. I went over to one of the soldiers, and grabbed him by the shoulder. I grabbed some of Sandra's hair too, but I used my karate and took the soldier to the ground. The other soldiers were so shocked, that it gave Sandra and me enough time to run away, and the 4 girls and I ran for several blocks back to the hotel to make sure we weren't being followed. I had never done anything like that before and haven't again, but it felt good to defend her honor. The next day, we took a train from Lucerne to Paris. Sandra told me on the train that she decided after the night before that she would marry me and not Jim. Things were looking better.

No comments: